In support of Seaweek 2019 and to kick off our new premium partner sponsorship with Sustainable Coastlines, we're doing a beach clean up of the Onehunga Foreshore on the Manukau Harbour on March 9.
We’d love you to join us for a fun family morning and help with the issues caused by coastal rubbish. Sign up to volunteer at https://bit.ly/2DXe4Wb
Join Hirepool, Sustainable Coastlines and Scott and Mig from Fishing & Adventure on the day to take part and be sure to engage in some good fishing chat while we're at it! Also take the chance to get up close and personal with their new-look boat, Holy Ship
Arrive at 9am on Saturday 9 March at Taumanu Reserve, Seacliff Road, Onehunga and we’ll arm you with a reusable rubbish sack and gloves to get going.
Once the clean up is done, we’ll have the Hirepool Sizzle Shack BBQ cranking with some snarlers and ice-cold Phoenix Organics drinks to fuel you up after your efforts.
What to bring:
- Closed-toe sturdy shoes, such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots are required for participation. Gumboots are not allowed.
- Warm and waterproof clothes:
- Sun hat and other sunsmart gear.
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Camera (optional). Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we’ll provide:
- Reusable rubbish sacks and gloves
- Drinking and hand washing water
- Sunblock, hand sanitiser and soap
- Health and Safety briefing and documents
- First aid kits and first aid trained staff
- A fun, healthy and safe environment
- Refreshments and BBQ afterwards
PLEASE SIGN UP HERE TO VOLUNTEER