In support of Seaweek 2020 and to celebrate our premium partner sponsorship with Sustainable Coastlines, we’re mucking in and doing a BIG public clean-up of Christchurch beaches, from Governors Bay to Waimari on Saturday February 29th
Come and join us from 1:30 to 4:30 to help us have the biggest possible impact on cleaning up the rubbish found on the coast. If you’re a local pop along with your knowledge of the rubbish hotspots, We’ll be enabling local community groups to run their own cleanup ‘stations’ to have the biggest possible impact on cleaning up the rubbish found on the coast.
Join Hirepool Ltd, Sustainable Coastlines, and Scott and Mig from Fishing & Adventure on the day to take part and be sure to engage in some good fishing chat while we're at it!
Registration stations will be located at:
- New Brighton Beach: Registration is just south of New Brighton Library. This station will be managed by the Sustain South Brighton and will service Waimari Beach to SouthShore and the surrounding community areas.
- Sumner Beach Register next to the Beach Bar. This station will be managed by Remix Plastic and local residents, and will service Charlesworth Reserve to Taylors Mistake and the surrounding community areas.
- Lyttleton Harbour: Register at Naval Point Boat Ramp. Thanks to Conservation Volunteers New Zealand. Please register here for Lyttleton Harbour to Governors Bay and the surrounding community spaces.
Map of meeting locations can be found here.
You should remember:
- To register online! (below)
- Closed-toed shoes
- Sun-smart gear
- Raincoats and appropriate clothing for the day on the coast
- Reusable drink bottles, filled and ready to go
- A camera!
What we’ll provide:
- All relevant equipment: Gloves, sacks, sunblock etc
- Health and Safety documentation & briefing
- First aid trained staff and first aid kits
- Hand sanitiser
- Refreshments post-cleanup
- Water refills
- Rubbish removal
PLEASE SIGN UP HERE TO VOLUNTEER