The Silvercard training is a training course about the safe and correct operation of Elevating Work Platforms (EWPs).
About the Programme
The programme has been produced by the Hire Industry Association of New Zealand (HIANZ), with assistance from the New Zealand Department of Occupational Safety and Health, and the Elevating Work Platform Association of Australia.
It is a recognized accreditations programme in NZ and Australia that can be used to assist in the process of ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety Legislation in New Zealand.
On completion of the training and after being deemed competent by our Gold Carded HIANZ instructor, a "Silvercard" will be issues by HIANZ which is valid for a period of 5 years. The wallet sized plastic card will carry the employee photo and differing classes of platforms they were trained in the safe use of.
Details of the Course:
The programme has three parts to it:
- A theory book section (approx 2 hrs)
- A practical section involving pre-operational checks on each machine as well as operating each unit individually
- An open book 21 question/part multi-choice, written assessment followed by a photo I.D
- Types of Elevating Work Platforms
- Responsibilities of Operators and Owners
- Safety Features and Mechanical Details
- Pre- Operational Checks
- Using an Elevated Work Platform
There are six modules where a Silvercard can be issued and depending which classes the customer would like to have training in, we would endeavor to arrange for the units to be made available on the day.
- Vertical personnel lifts (man lifts)
- Self propelled telescopic boom lifts
- Self propelled knuckle boom lifts
- Self propelled scissor lifts
- Trailer mounted work platforms (cherry pickers)
- Vehicle mounted work platforms (truck mounted booms) - not available for training at Hirepool as we do not carry these.
On completion of the training the Silvercards will be processed by HIANZ and will be sent out. This may take up 2-3 weeks.
For more information or to book training please contact Hirepool Access Penrose Branch or fill in our contact form with your details.